Sermons

Monday, November 24, 2008

IC Y ICYC IS GREAT

I was blessed with the opportunity to take 11 of the kids from our youth group to ICYC. It was a powerful weekend with a powerful message, Abandonment.

When I first read the title for the weekend, Totally Abandoned. I thought the teaching was going to be about us going all out for Christ, recklessly abandoning the world to best follow Jesus. I was surprised to hear the message was actually, the totally abandoned youth of America, who have lost their way. It was a deep message, "a heavy one" as my friend, and speaker for the weekend Mark Christian put it.

That heavy message was received well, and I think it will change the kids lives. I taught a lesson on Renewal, it wasn't very well attended. It must have gotten out that I wasn't any good. It was my first time teaching a workshop there, so it was fun to try out. I think I will do it again next year if the powers that be, allow me.

Something really nice happened to me this week. I received a great gift. I had to make a fool of myself, but it turned out to be worth it. I won a brand spanking new Macbook, and this is officially my first blog with my new mac. I like it. I vowed I would never buy a mac, it was getting to popular and anything that gets that popular I tend to dislike, but this machine is impressive. It is certainly an upgrade from my laptop I bought in my Junior year of college. This February will make it 3 years old. I think technology has changed since then.

But that's just a material thing. I had a wonderful week with the kids, and I think it will change how we interact with each other. The kids weren't overly excited, but the intial verdict was that they had a great time.

It was a great weekend, and I am extremely thankful I had the opportunity to get away from my preaching duties to enjoy this weekend and fellowship with the kids.

A special thanks goes to David Rinker for filling in for my responsibilities at EGCC. Thanks Dave!

Anyways, I am beginning the long process of no longer being a PC. It's hard, but I think I will learn to manage :)

No comments: